Now that January is a distant memory it is the perfect time to start planning Valentines Day treats for the 14th of February – and what better way to spend it than in London.
With Valentines Day falling perfectly on a Friday in 2014 what better reason is there to spend a weekend with your loved one?
How best to say those 3 little words?
Written Valentines didn’t begin to appear until after 1400. The oldest known Valentine still in existence today was a poem written in 1415 by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London following his capture at the battle of Agincourt. In 2014 we have…Moonpig.com!
Moonpig.com is a one stop shop for all Valentines needs. All for a very good price you can personalise and add pictures to cards for that extra special touch, and this Valentine’s Day they are offering a free card with any purchase of flowers and selected gifts. Best of all, you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home or apartment to purchase and deliver your gifts!
How best to celebrate Valentines Day?
Whether you are on a tight budget or want to spend that bit extra on Valentines Day, London is your perfect romantic destination. Below is listed the top 5 London Valentines Day attractions; Save Vs Splurge!
- Take a romantic stroll on London’s Southbank – For Free!
- Take a romantic walk through the Royal parks, Hyde Park, and Kensington Gardens – For Free!
- Visit the Tunnel of Love at Vauxhall Village – Only £7.50 at http://vauxhallvillage.com/whatson
- Visit the London Museums and Galleries such as: The Natural History Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum, and the National Gallery – For Free!
- Visit Little Venice, just north of Paddington and enjoy the sights, walks, and waterside cafe’s – you could even hire a bike!
- The Aqua Shard Bar and Restaurant – perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! http://www.aquashard.co.uk/
- EDF Energy London Eye Valentines experiences http://www.londoneye.com/ – From £22.50 per person
- Valentines Dinner Cruise along the River Thames – Bookable with EDF Energy, or http://www.bateauxlondon.com/cruises/valentines-day/
- Valentines Films at The Roof Gardens, at 99 Kensington High Street! http://rooftopfilmclub.com/kensington-program.html
- Chocolate Making Valentines Workshop – Book online with http://www.mychocolate.co.uk
With accommodations throughout the City of London, we would love to help you perfect your Valentines weekend in one of the luxurious apartments available! For more information and to make a reservation contact us now!
www.refreshaccommodation.com Central London Serviced Apartments